Carlsmith Ball’s mergers & acquisitions practice has represented Pacific region and mainland U.S. clients, including some of the largest and most noteworthy business transactions in Hawaii history.
Our attorneys facilitate every stage of the process of complex sales, mergers and acquisitions, including structuring, negotiating, drafting, documenting and financing transactional matters. We’ll guide you from the initial offer, through due diligence and contract negotiations, to the completion of sale.
Our attorneys handle all aspects of acquisition and sales, including:
- Activist investor defense
- Asset transactions
- Cross border transactions
- Entity formation and transactions
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Negotiated acquisitions and dispositions
- Post-closing transition issues
- Recapitalizations, bankruptcy, distressed and leveraged transactions.
- Special committee and other independent director representations
- Strategic mergers
- Take-private transactions
- Takeover defense planning
- Traditional M&A transactions for both private and public companies
- Unsolicited bids and proxy contests