Tourism is an integral industry in the Aloha State, and resort development plays a major role in its success. Carlsmith Ball has advised in the sale, development, acquisition and financing of some of the largest resort projects in Hawaii history, from oceanfront condos and master planned communities to multi-million-dollar high-rise hotels on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and Hawaii Island.
Carlsmith Ball represents and advises developers, sellers, buyers and resort operators in all phases of project development and infrastructure, including:
- Due diligence
- Environmental review
- Formation of ownership entities
- Infrastructure and zoning
- Negotiating purchase and sale agreements
- Negotiating construction contracts and architect agreements
- Resort development financing
- Our attorneys are also experienced in navigating complex regulatory and approval processes related to water rights, land use, entitlements, transactions, contracts and Native Hawaiian rights.