The Environmental Law Practice Group is comprised of regulatory, transactional and litigation attorneys who serve as advisors and advocates for clients with environmental issues in the Pacific region.
Carlsmith Ball’s environmental law attorneys represent developers, major landowners, energy producers, financial institutions, educational institutions and governmental institutions on a vast array of environmental matters under state and federal environmental laws and regulations. We work closely with our Tax, Real Property and Administrative Law Practice Groups to help clients protect their interests and assets while complying with appropriate regulations.
Our Environmental Law Practice Group offers the following expertise:
- Technical and regulatory compliance advice
- Environmental aspects of real estate development and transactions
- Administrative proceedings
- Environmental review
- Enforcement actions and proceedings
- Environmental related litigation
- Allocation of environmental risk in business transactions
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Cleanup of contaminated property (CERCLA, RCRA)
- Defense of government enforcement actions
- Federal and state law (Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Oil Pollution Act, etc.)