Carlsmith Ball attorneys have a deep understanding of financial laws, regulations and administrative processes in Hawaii, on the U.S. mainland and throughout the Pacific. We have experience financing projects, completing transactions and closing deals within and outside U.S. jurisdictions.
Carlsmith’s banking and finance attorneys are known for developing innovative financing structures and nuanced approaches to regulatory compliance. We have longstanding relationships with regulators at the federal and local level. We work with a wide range of clients, including banks, savings and loan associations, financial services loan companies, bank holding companies, credit unions, fund managers, government agencies, insurers, investors and businesses of all sizes.
Our Banking and Finance Practice Group works closely with Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate & Project Development Practice Groups to ensure clients have thorough representation.
Our banking and finance attorneys advise clients on:
- Regulatory and compliance matters, including government enforcement actions
- E-commerce and electronic funds transfers
- ACH (Automatic Clearing House) network contracts and issues
- Financial institution and financial data privacy
- Commercial credit and secured transactions
- Consumer credit
- Financial institution licensing
- Real property acquisition and development
- New product development
- Legislative and administrative matters
- Negotiating and documenting commercial credit transactions
- Advising financial institutions on problem loans, including loan workouts, restructuring, foreclosures and lender liability issues
- Litigation involving financial institutions