Partner / Honolulu
David W.K. Wong
David Wong is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and a member of its Tax, Estate Planning & Pension practice group. His practice emphasizes federal and Hawai‘i tax aspects of commercial transactions and business enterprises. Mr. Wong has done extensive work in the areas of business organizations, entity structuring, acquisitions, divestitures, and debt workouts. He is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2022 for Corporate/Commercial; and Tax. Chambers said "David Wong enjoys a strong reputation among clients for his expertise in ownership issues and corporate governance policies, as well as transactions such as acquisitions. He is particularly experienced in tax matters. He is excellent on all the necessary details. He is very smart, very responsive and gives intelligent and practical advice."
David was recently named by The Best Lawyers in America 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" - Tax Law. He has been listed in the publication since 2010.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2023 for Tax Law, and Business Organizations (including LLC's and Partnerships); listed since 2010
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2022 for Corporate/Commercial; and Tax; he has been listed since 2014
- Named as Best Lawyers in America 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" - Tax Law, a title he has held since 2021
- HONOLULU Magazine's 2016 Lawyers of the Year distinction for Tax
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2014 for Business/ Corporate and Tax
- Hawaii State Bar Association