Associate / Maui
Catherine L. M. Hall
Catherine L. M. Hall is an Associate in the firm's Maui office and a member of the Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Her practice focuses on business, commercial, probate, trust, and real estate related matters.
Catherine served as an Extern to the Honorable Susan Oki Mollway, Chief District Judge of the United States District Court of Hawai`i; and the Honorable Michael D. Wilson, Judge of the First Circuit Court State of Hawai`i. While in lawschool she served as an Outside Articles Editor of the University of Hawai`i Law Review, a Real Property Research and Teaching Assistant, and Contracts Teaching Assistant. She previously owned an activity and timeshare resort marketing business with locations on Maui and the Big Island.
Assists with the probate and administering of estates of various sizes, ancillary probate for the conveyance of timeshare and real estate interests, trust administration for the conveyance and sale of real property, and probate and trust litigation including petitions and confirmation for the sale of real property.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021 for Litigation - Real Estate
- National Moot Court Awards: First Place Best Advocate and First Place Best Oralist, 21st Annual National Native American Law Moot Court Competition; Second Place Best Advocate and Second Place Best Brief, 20th Annual National Native American Law Moot Court competition
- National Writing Awards: Second Place, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law National Student Writing Contest; Third Place, American Planning Association, Planning and Law Division National Student Writing Competition
- State Writing Awards: Best Paper Real Property Law Topic, Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property and Financial Services Section Award; Best Paper Constitutional Law Topic, Hawaii State Bar Association Young Lawyers' Division Bernard Levinson Award
- Other Awards: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Associations; Susan B. McKay Oral Advocacy Competition Winner
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Maui County Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Maui Director, Real Property and Financial Services Section
Valid Regulation of Land Use or an Out-and-Out Plan of Extortion? Commentary on St. Johns River Water Mgmt. Dist. v. Koontz, 41 Real Est. L. J. 270 (2012).
Also published in Ka Nu Hou, the Annual Newsletter of the Real Property Financial Service Section of the Hawai`i State Bar Association.