HONOLULU-August 29, 2014-Nine Carlsmith Ball attorneys have been selected for inclusion in 2014 Hawaii Super Lawyers. Only the top five percent of a state's attorneys are selected for inclusion. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process where peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third-part research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Karl Kobayashi, Carlsmith's Chairman, said, "We are honored to be included and congratulate not only our colleagues at Carlsmith but also our esteemed colleagues selected from other firms."
This year, the Hawaii Super Lawyers list includes:
· Christian K. Adams, Rising Star, Business Litigation, Real Estate, Land Use/Zoning
· Steven M. Egesdal, Business/Corporate, Business Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution
· William M. Harstad, Rising Star, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Civil Litigation
· Erika L. T. Lewis, Rising Star, Transportation/Maritime, Business Litigation, Tax
· Lawrence S. Okinaga, Banking, Business/Corporate, Real Estate
· Robert E. Strand, Real Estate
· Robert D. Triantos, Real Estate
· David W. K. Wong, Business/Corporate, Tax
Carlsmith Ball LLP is a leading law firm in the Pacific region serving clients from six offices in Honolulu, Hilo, Kona, Maui, and Los Angeles. For more than 150 years, Carlsmith Ball has assisted clients in achieving their objectives through effective, results‐oriented representation in sophisticated commercial and financial transactions and in complex arbitration and litigation matters.