HONOLULU, Hawaii - June 1, 2016 - Carlsmith Ball continues to be recognized by the definitive resource for legal professionals, Chambers & Partners. The firm upheld its practice area rankings in five categories, while 14 attorneys were honored as individuals on the Chambers USA 2016 list.
Two Carlsmith Ball attorneys demonstrated continued growth and progress on a national level: Mike Purpura rose to Band 1 and Pete Manaut was promoted to Band 2. In addition, Eric "Rick" James, John Khil, Steve Lim, Larry Okinaga, Tom Roesser, Ian Sandison, and David Wong all continue to be recognized in the top tier of their respective practice areas.
The 14 attorneys acknowledged in the guidebook were lauded for their technical legal ability, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and other qualities valued by their clients and peers.
According to Chambers, the annual directory is the result of countless hours of interviews put in by an international team of 140 researchers who analyze both lawyers and clients to compile in-depth, objective rankings of firms and attorneys based on qualitative and quantitative assessments.
Chambers & Partners Rankings
The following Carlsmith Ball attorneys were recognized in Chambers USA 2016:
· Patricia Devlin - Real Estate (Senior Statesman)
· Eric A. "Rick" James - Real Estate (Band 1)
· John C. Khil - Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Band 1)
· Steven S. C. Lim - Real Estate (Band 1)
· John P. "Pete" Manaut - Litigation: General Commercial (Band 2)
· Mark K. Murakami - Real Estate (Band 3)
· Lawrence S. Okinaga - Corporate/Commercial: Finance (Band 1)
· Michael M. Purpura - Litigation: General Commercial (Band 1)
· Tom E. Roesser - Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 1) and Corporate/Commercial: Finance (Band 2)
· Ian L. Sandison - Real Estate: Environment (Band 1)
· James L. Starshak - Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Band 2)
· Robert E. Strand - Real Estate (Band 3)
· Gerald A. Sumida - Corporate/Commercial (Band 2)
· David W. K. Wong - Corporate/Commercial: Tax (Band 1)
· Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 2)
· Corporate/Commercial: Finance (Band 1)
· Labor & Employment (Band 2)
· Litigation: General Commercial (Band 1)
· Real Estate (Band 1)
About Carlsmith Ball LLP
Carlsmith Ball LLP is one of the largest law firms in the Pacific region with offices in Honolulu, Hilo, Kona, Maui, and Los Angeles. Our attorneys are recognized as leaders in the industry, named in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and Chambers & Partners USA. For more than 150 years, Carlsmith Ball has provided clients innovative and results-oriented representation in sophisticated commercial and financial transactions and in complex arbitration and litigation matters. For more information about the firm, please visit www.carlsmith.com.