Founded in 1857, Carlsmith Ball LLP is Hawai‘i's oldest and one of its largest law firms. With nearly 100 skilled and experienced attorneys and professionals located in offices in Hawai‘i, Los Angeles, and Guam, we are the only Hawai‘i-based firm to serve clients throughout the Pacific-and beyond. Geography isn't our only strength-we are honored to be esteemed by our peers. Chambers and Partners USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, ranks us among their top bands: "As the oldest and one of the largest firms in the state, this firm is "strong across the board," serving local, national and international clients." Many of our partners and counsel have been selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. Our reputation helps us smooth the way-and achieve results-for our clients.
Our Clients Include
- Domestic companies-including Fortune 500 corporations and financial institutions, landowners, developers, and entrepreneurs seeking to do business effectively at home or abroad
- International, federal, state, and local governments
- International corporations and individuals with business needs across the Pacific
- Domestic and international shipping and cruise line companies-wherever they may go
- Small to midsize companies and entrepreneurs looking to grow their business
- Alternative energy and public/private utility companies
- Individuals with wealth management and estate planning needs
For more than 150 years, we have collaborated with clients to create strong partnerships, trusted relationships and effective results. We look forward to assisting you with your legal needs.