Environmental issues are increasingly important to companies conducting business in the Pacific Region. Carlsmith Ball attorneys have a unique understanding of issues and regulations facing environmental clients throughout the Pacific. Carlsmith represents major landowners and developers as well as agribusiness, energy and banking clients.
Our work on their behalf includes counsel and representation in matters regarding:
- Allocation of environmental risk in business transactions
- Environmental permitting and compliance
- Clean-up of contaminated property (CERCLA, RCRA)
- Oil spills (Oil Pollution Act)
- Endangered Species Act
- Defense of government enforcement actions