Partner / Honolulu
Robert E. Strand
Robert Strand is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Transactional practice group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial leasing, equipment leasing, water law and public utilities matters. He recently assisted clients with the sale/leaseback of the land underlying 11 service stations on Oahu, the acquisition of the land underlying an industrial warehouse site in Iwilei and with the construction and take-out financing for the warehouse, the sale of three medium size shopping centers on Oahu, Kauai and Maui and in a PUC rate case for a private water company on Hawaii Island.
Mr. Strand is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Real Estate.
Represents the fee owner of the Kona Commons commercial project on the Island of Hawaii. Represented Hawaii hotel operator in connection with the acquisition of hotel, condominium and office building projects in Waikiki and Honolulu's financial district. Represented foreign investors in the acquisitions of the 4,600-acre Kaluakoi Resort on Molokai, the Honolulu Club Building, the 719-room Hawaiian Waikiki Beach Hotel, the Bank of Hawaii Waikiki Office Building and the Kapalua Plantation Golf Course on Maui. Represents the Australian developer of a 57-lot residential subdivision in Kula, Maui.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 for Real Estate Law; listed in the publication since 2006
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Real Estate
- Selected for inclusion in Hawaii Super Lawyers 2017 for Real Estate; listed since 2008
- Highest "AV" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Water Works Association
- The Nature Conservancy of Hawaii
- American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)
- "Title Matters," Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual, 2008
- "Negotiation and Drafting of Lease Agreements," CLE International
- "Title Issues and Endorsements," Advanced Conference on Real Estate Purchases and Sales, CLE International
- Lectured on the State Water Code to the Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association