HONOLULU, Hawaii – May 26, 2017 – Carlsmith Ball has been recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA. The firm is ranked in five practice areas, and 15 Carlsmith Ball attorneys were recognized for their individual achievements.
Two Carlsmith Ball attorneys, Jennifer Lim and Vicki Nakahara, joined the ranks of individuals honored in Chambers USA. In addition, John Khil, Steve Lim, Lawrence Okinaga, Michael Purpura, Ian Sandison, and David Wong continue to receive the highest ranking in their practice areas, with Rick James recognized as a Senior Statesman.
Chambers and Partners ranks top lawyers and law firms around the world and produces an internationally recognized directory of the legal profession. To compile its annual guide to the U.S. legal market, Chambers USA conducted thousands of in-depth interviews with leading lawyers and clients of legal services. Attorneys are selected based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients, while practice area rankings are based on individual lawyers within the field, and the strength and depth of the department as a whole.
The following Carlsmith Ball attorneys were recognized in Chambers USA 2017:
- Eric ("Rick") A. James – Real Estate (Senior Statesmen)
- John C. Khil – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Band 1)
- Jennifer A. Lim – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Band 2)
- Steven S.C. Lim – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Band 1)
- John P. “Pete” Manaut – Litigation: General Commercial (Band 2)
- Mark K. Murakami – Real Estate (Band 3)
- Vicki Y. Nakahara – Real Estate (Band 3)
- Lawrence S. Okinaga – Corporate/Commercial: Finance (Band 1)
- Michael M. Purpura – Litigation: General Commercial (Band 1)
- Tom E. Roesser – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 2) and Corporate/Commercial: Finance (Band 2)
- Ian L. Sandison – Real Estate: Environment (Band 1)
- James L. Starshak – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Band 2)
- Robert E. Strand – Real Estate (Band 3)
- Gerald A. Sumida – Corporate/Commercial (Band 2)
- David W. Wong – Corporate/Commercial: Tax (Band 1)
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Band 3)
- Corporate/Commercial (Band 1)
- Labor & Employment (Band 2)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Band 1)
- Real Estate (Band 1)