Partner / Honolulu
Jennifer A. Lim
Jennifer Lim is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Transactional practice group. She concentrates her practice on real property and environmental law with an emphasis in the areas of land use planning and real property development. Ms. Lim was listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 for the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, and was also listed in 2011, 2012, and 2013 for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. She was recently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 for Land Use & Zoning Law, and has been listed in the publication since 2014.
Ms. Lim's practice focuses on representing developers and major land owners in all phases of project development, including representation before a variety of State and County agencies, boards, and commissions. Her work includes land use entitlements, environmental review, permitting, zoning, and administrative proceedings and litigation related to these areas. She also assists clients with the development of subdivisions and the registration of subdivisions at the federal, state, and local levels. She represents individuals and development entities in the purchase and sale of real property, and performs due diligence on complex real estate purchases, including preclosing review of title issues, zoning and permit compliance, and proposed use reviews.
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Band 2); listed since 2011
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 for Land Use & Zoning Law; listed since 2014
- Hawai'i Women's Legal Foundation Nancy J. Stivers Award (2003)
- Gregory Conlan Memorial Prize (2005)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Corporate Finance; Topics in Environmental Law - Eminent Domain and Takings; Trusts & Estates; and Debtor's and Creditor's Rights
- 2015 Chair, Real Property Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association
- Real Property Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association, Board Member 2009-2014
- Hawai'i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lambda Alpha International (honorary society for the advancement of land economics)