Contact: Michael F. Dolan, Chief Operating Officer
Aubrey Hawk, APR, Aubrey Hawk Public Relations
Chambers USA Ranks Carlsmith Ball Among Top Law Firms for 2012
Recognizes 14 Carlsmith Partners
Chambers USA, the leading provider of research-based directories of the legal profession, recently published its results for 2012. Carlsmith was ranked in the top bands for all five practice areas and fourteen Carlsmith attorneys were singled out for recognition this year. Chambers' directories, published annually, are based on in-depth, objective research compiled by more than 130 full-time researchers who interview thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world. In 2012, Carlsmith ranked in Band 1 or 2 for each of the following areas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Corporate/Commercial and Corporate/Commercial: Tax; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate Including Real Estate: Zoning/ Land Use and Real Estate: Environment.
Individual partners who were recognized are:
- Jennifer Benck-Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Patricia Devlin-Real Estate
- Eric James-Real Estate
- John Khil-Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Lawrence Okinaga-Corporate/Commercial: Finance
- Pete Manaut-Litigation: General Commercial
- Michael Purpura-Litigation: General Commercial
- Tom Roesser-Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Corporate/Commercial: Finance
- Ian Sandison-Real Estate: Environment
- James Starshak-Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Robert Strand-Real Estate
- Gerald Sumida-Corporate/Commercial: Finance
- David Wong-Corporate/Commercial: Tax
Carlsmith Chairman Karl Kobayashi said, "We are honored by these recognitions and we congratulate each of our partners recognized in Chambers and Partners USA as well as those esteemed colleagues selected for inclusion this year from other firms."
Carlsmith Ball LLP is a leading law firm in the Pacific region serving clients from six offices in Honolulu, Hilo, Kona, Maui, and Los Angeles. For more than 150 years, Carlsmith Ball has assisted clients in achieving their objectives through effective, results-oriented representation in sophisticated commercial and financial transactions and in complex arbitration and litigation matters. For more information about the firm, please visit http://www.carlsmith.com/.