Robert Strand is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial leasing, equipment leasing, water law and public utilities matters. Mr. Strand is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2015 for Real Estate.
Commercial Leasing Represents the Ala Moana Shopping Center in connection with commercial lease negotiations and related operations. Ala Moana Center, with approximately 300 stores, is the largest open-mall shopping center in the United States and the largest shopping complex in the State of Hawai‘i.
Complex Real Estate Transactions Represents the fee owner of the Kona Commons commercial project on the Island of Hawai‘i. Represented Hawai‘i hotel operator in connection with the acquisition of hotel, condominium and office building projects in Waikiki and Honolulu's financial district. Represented foreign investors in the acquisitions of the 4,600-acre Kaluakoi Resort on Molokai, the Honolulu Club Building, the 719-room Hawaiian Waikiki Beach Hotel, the Bank of Hawai‘i Waikiki Office Building and the Kapalua Plantation Golf Course on Maui. Represents the Australian developer of a 57-lot residential subdivision in Kula, Maui.
Kapolei Civic Center Represented the Campbell Estate in connection with the development by the State of Hawai‘i of an office/judicial/library complex in the Second City of Kapolei on Oahu.
Equipment Leasing Represents Bank of Hawai‘i as an equity participant in leases of commercial aircraft, vessels, railcars and fleet vehicles.
Public Utilities Represents privately owned water and wastewater utility companies before the Public Utilities Commission of the State of Hawai‘i.
- "Title Matters," Hawai‘i Real Estate Law Manual, 2008
- "Negotiation and Drafting of Lease Agreements", CLE International
- "Title Issues and Endorsements," Advanced Conference on Real Estate Purchases and Sales, CLE International
- Lectured on the State Water Code to the Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2015 for Real Estate
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 for Real Estate Law; listed in the publication since 2006
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2014 for Real Estate; listed since 2008
- Highest "AV" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Water Works Association
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- The Nature Conservancy of Hawai‘i
- American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality
- Commercial Leasing
- Public Utilities
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Hawaii
- University of Virginia School of Law,Charlottesville,Virginia
- University of Hawaii
- B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Lecturer, State Water Code,Hawaii State Bar Association, Real Property and Financial Services Section
- Phi Beta Kappa