Nine Carlsmith Ball attorneys have been selected for inclusion in 2012 Hawaii Super Lawyers. Only the top five percent of a state's attorneys are selected for inclusion. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process where peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third-part research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Karl Kobayashi, Carlsmith's Chairman, said, "We are honored to be included and congratulate not only our colleagues at Carlsmith but also our esteemed colleagues selected from other firms."
This year, the 2012 Hawaii Super Lawyers list includes:
- Steven M. Egesdal, Business/Corporate
- Lawrence S. Okinaga, Banking
- Tom E. Roesser, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- James L. Starshak, Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Robert E. Strand, Real Estate
- Robert D. Triantos, Real Estate