A formidable force in the Pacific
With offices in Hawai`i and Los Angeles, Carlsmith Ball maintains a dominant admiralty and shipping practice throughout the Pacific, with an international client base that spans the entire spectrum of the shipping, maritime, transportation, and marine insurance industries.
Our Admiralty and Maritime Practice Group handles all areas of admiralty and maritime law, including:
- Protection and indemnity claims
- Ship finance
- Shipping, transportation and port-related commercial matters
- All aspects of marine environmental matters, oil spill incidents and related administrative areas
- Tour, excursion and yachting
- All types of maritime related litigation, including casualties and injuries
- Representation of ship owners, tug and barge operators, vessel managers and charterers
- Casualty investigation, port state inspections, cargo claims, charter party and maritime lien disputes
- General legal advice to transportation clients, including compliance with U.S. and international laws, advice regarding commercial transactions, and assistance with documentation for maritime and transportation industries.
Our maritime attorneys work throughout the Pacific, including Micronesia. Several of our maritime lawyers have seafaring and government service backgrounds, and also serve as correspondents for leading P&I clubs and underwriting syndicates.
The Carlsmith Difference
Our geographic advantage allows our maritime lawyers to respond quickly to our clients' needs, often on emergency notice, in remote yet strategic locations in the Pacific, as well as in all of the major ports in the Pacific Basin.