Partner / Honolulu
Mark K. Murakami
Mark Murakami is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Real Estate & Project Development practice group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial real estate development and operations with an emphasis on purchases and sales of property, retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development agreements, dedication of infrastructure projects to governmental authorities, real estate subdivisions, and easements. He has extensive experience in Land Court (Torrens System) matters. In 2017, he was a Commissioner on the Oahu Real Property Tax Advisory Commission. Mark was selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 for Real Estate Law; he has been listed since 2011. He is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2019 for Real Estate and has been listed since 2015.
Lead counsel on development transactions, purchase and sales transactions, commercial leasing, and infrastructure projects in the City of Kapolei and surrounding region. Recent negotiations include projects involving development budgets ranging from $50 million to $100 million.
Practice focus is complex commercial real estate transactions, all phases ofdevelopment, including acquisition, entitlement fulfillment, infrastructure planning, construction and dedication of infrastructure, and real estate purchases and sales; retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development greements, and subdivisions.
- Chief Justice Herman T.F. Lum (Retired/Deceased), Supreme Court, State of Hawaii
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2020 for Real Estate; listed since 2015
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2021 for Real Estate Law; listed since 2011
- 2017 Oahu Real Property Tax Advisory Commission, Commissioner
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Commissioner, State of Hawaii Commission on Access to Justice (2016 to 2017)
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Board Member (2015 to present)
- Permanent Committee on Land Court Matters, Member (2016 to present)
- Better Business Bureau of Hawaii Foundation, Board Chair (2015 to 2017); Board Member (2008 to 2015)
- Better Business Bureau of Hawai`i, Board Member (1999 to 2008); Board Chair (2004 to 2006)
- Feed the Hunger Foundation Board Member (2011 to present)
- Boys and Girls Club (Spalding Clubhouse), Board Member (2012 to present)