Of Counsel / Honolulu
Geoffrey T. Mukae
Geoffrey Mukae is Of Counsel in the firm's Honolulu office and a member of its Transactional section. Mr. Mukae has been practicing law for 20 years as a corporate and business attorney. He began his practice in New York City, followed by several years in Silicon Valley and 5 years in Tokyo. Since 2006, Mr. Mukae has been practicing in Hawaii and California on a variety of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital financing, real estate and other commercial transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Negotiating the purchase by a newly-formed insurance company of the insurance business of a Hawaii property insurer in liquidation by court order; assisting a Japanese manufacturer of pneumatic automation products in the purchase of a privately held manufacturer of gas handling products for manufacturing located in California; representing a Japanese chemical company in the sale of two wholly-owned recordable compact disk manufacturing facilities, located in the U.S. and France, to an Italian buyer.
- Venture Capital Financing Assisting a Japanese company in the debt and equity financing of a Hawaii company providing internet exchange services; drafting and negotiating financing documents for angel, venture capital, lease equity and bridge loan financing transactions for early stage companies.
- Emerging Growth Companies. Assisting a Japanese company in the expansion of its business to the United States through the purchase of an existing business in New York and the establishment of wholly-owned subsidiaries for operations in New York; counseling companies in every aspect of formation, including incorporation, compensation of founders, corporate governance, and employee agreements for confidentiality and invention assignment.
- Commercial and Real Estate Finance. Assisting clients with loans and other finance-related issues relating to real property development, purchases and sales.
- Commercial Transactions. Negotiating independent sales representative agreements for clients engaged in medical products sales and distribution; representing Japanese clients in obtaining exclusive Japanese distribution rights from U.S. and European manufacturers of medical products in exchange for venture financing; counseling both Hawaii and Japanese clients in outsourcing and intellectual property cross-licensing agreements.