Associate / Honolulu
Maria Fagerstroem-Ryder is an Associate in the firm's Honolulu office and a member of its Transactional practice group. Maria received her J.D., from the University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law. As a research assistant to Professor David Callies, Maria's focus has been on Land Use & Environmental Law.
A native of Finland, Maria also received her L.L.M. and L.L.B. at the University of Helsinki, Finland, majoring in Corporate Law. Maria has legal experience as an Associate Lawyer in Helsinki, Finland, where her practice focused on real estate and equity capital market transactions as well as employment law matters.
- White & Case Social Responsibility Award (Outstanding Pro Bono Work and Achievements).
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- "Sopimusriskit," a text book on contractual risks, Chapter 8 on contractual risks in competition law, co-authored with Asko Lindqvist, Sanoma Pro 2014
- "Labor Market Regulation and Resolving Insolvency," Chapters on Finland, co-authored with Timo Airisto, Doing Business 2015
- "Labor Market Regulation and Resolving Insolvency," Chapters on Finland, co-authored with Timo Airisto, Doing Business 2014
- "Criminal Compensation Scheme, Chapter on Finland, co-authored with Tanja Tornqvist, Beijin Zhongze Women's Legal Counseling and Service Center 2014
- English (fluent)
- Finish (native)
- Swedish (native)