Partner / Honolulu
Lindsay N. McAneeley
Lindsay McAneeley is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Litigation practice group. Ms. McAneeley joined the firm in 2007 and concentrates her practice on complex commercial and real property litigation, and also practices in the areas of entertainment litigation, employment litigation, intellectual property, and environmental litigation.
Ms. McAneeley graduated summa cum laude from the University of Hawai`i, William S. Richardson School of Law. While in law school, Ms. McAneeley was a member of the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team, which won the award for best memorial in the United States, and the Hardy C. Dillard Award for the second place memorial in the world. Ms. McAneeley also published an article in the University of Hawai`i Law Review analyzing considerations for the legalization of physician assisted suicide in Hawai`i, and won the Public Health Law Organization's annual writing competition in 2006.
Ms. McAneeley received numerous scholastic awards, including the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for her Legal Method Seminar and Federal Courts courses, as well as the top mark in her Trusts course while spending a semester abroad at the University of British Columbia.
Ms. McAneeley also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable David A. Ezra of the U.S. District Court for District of Hawai`i, and a research assistant to University of Hawai`i Law Professor Denise Antolini.
- Represented rightsholder of iconic toy property in multi-week arbitration, including protracted arbitration hearing and related litigation involving complex licensing and intellectual property issues.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against international financial advising corporation in complex, multi-party shareholder rights dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of governmental property owner and private managerial employees in multi-case toxic tort litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment for California credit union in mortgage priority dispute.
- Successfully represented private landowner in shoreline encroachment case before the Board of Land and Natural Resources.
- Successfully resolved employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims against high-profile nonprofit corporation.
- Successfully resolved claims against property owners and property managers in disputes involving commercial and residential properties.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion as a Hawaii Super Lawyers 2017—Rising Star; Business Litigation, Environmental Litigation, Civil Litigation, Appellate, she has been listed since 2016
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Judicature Society
- Hawaii Women's Lawyers