Partner / Kona
Edmund W. K. Haitsuka
Edmund Haitsuka is a Partner in the firm's Kona office. He concentrates his practice on civil litigation, including litigation involving business and corporate law, landlord-tenant disputes, family law, contract disputes, condominium and homeowner association issues, personal injury claims, real property disputes, employment-labor law and collections.
- Represents owners of commercial complexes and shopping centers on various matters including the drafting and enforcement of leases, maintenance and repair issues, land use and development.
- Assists clients with the purchase and sale of real estate, businesses and personal property.
- Represents clients in quiet title, partition, landlord-tenant, land use and other real property related matters.
- Represents lenders, homeowner and apartment owner associations and land owners with judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Assists clients in the formation, dissolution and operations of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and sole proprietorships.
- Assists clients with licensing and permitting issues, violations and compliance.
- Represents apartment and homeowner associations in the enforcement of covenants, collection of assessments, interpretation of governing documents, employment issues and other matters.
- Assists clients with the collection of debts and enforcement of judgments.
- Volunteer Legal Services of Hawai‘i, Kaheiau Award
- Hawai‘i Appellate Standards of Review Revisited, 18 U. Haw. L. Rev. 645 (1996)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Chairman, Hawai‘i County Charter Commission, 2009-2010
- Friends of NELHA, Board Member
- West Hawaii Community Health Center, Board Member
- Children's First Program, Volunteer
Hawaii Appellate Standards of Review Revisited, 18 U. Haw. L. Rev. 645 (1996).