Chambers USA Ranks Carlsmith Ball Among Top Law Firms for 2014
Recognizes 14 Carlsmith Partners
Chambers USA , the leading provider of research-based directories of the legal profession, recently published its results for 2014. Carlsmith was once again ranked in the top bands for all five practice areas and fourteen firm attorneys-a Carlsmith all-time high number- were singled out for recognition this year. Chambers' directories, published annually, are based on in-depth, objective research compiled by more than 130 full-time researchers who interview thousands of lawyers and their clients around the world. In 2014, Carlsmith ranked in Band 1 or 2 for each of the following areas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Corporate/Commercial and Corporate/Commercial: Tax; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
Sources were quoted as saying:
Bankruptcy/Restructuring- "With their knowledge and understanding of the law they can get to the point quickly. I was very impressed with their negotiation skills."
Corporate/Commercial- "They are very responsive-I get information right away. They are very accommodating and knowledgeable."
Labor & Employment- "They are very knowledgeable about the industry and keep up to date with developments."
Litigation -"I was incredibly impressed with the firm's performance. The quality of their work matched any top firm with which I have had dealings."
Real Estate- "They have excellent lawyers-it's a nice mix of technical and people skills," and "It's a very large firm, with great clients and good resources."
Individual partners who were recognized are:
- Patricia Devlin-Real Estate
- Eric A. "Rick" James-Real Estate
- J ohn C. Khil-Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Steven S. C. Lim-Real Estate
- John P. "Pete" Manaut-Litigation: General Commercial
- Lawrence S. Okinaga-Corporate/Commercial: Finance
- Michael M. Purpura-Litigation: General Commercial
- Tom E. Roesser-Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Corporate/Commercial: Finance
- Ian L. Sandison-Real Estate: Environment
- James L. Starshak-Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Robert E. Strand-Real Estate
- Gerald A. Sumida-Corporate/Commercial
- David W. K. Wong-Corporate/Commercial: Tax
Carlsmith Chairman Karl Kobayashi said, "We are again honored by these recognitions and we congratulate each of our partners recognized in Chambers USA as well as our valued colleagues selected for inclusion this year from other firms."
Carlsmith Ball LLP is a leading law firm in the Pacific region with nearly 100 lawyers serving clients from six offices in Honolulu, Hilo, Kona, Maui, and Los Angeles. For more than 150 years, Carlsmith Ball has assisted clients in achieving their objectives through effective, results-oriented representation in sophisticated commercial and financial transactions and in complex arbitration and litigation matters. For more information about the firm, please visit http://www.carlsmith.com/.