1001 Bishop Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
- Tax, Estate Planning & Wealth Management
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Stanford University
A.B., With Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Tax Court
David W. K. Wong
David W.K. Wong is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and a member of its Tax, Estate Planning & Wealth Management Practice Group. His practice emphasizes federal and Hawai‘i tax aspects of commercial transactions and business enterprises. Mr. Wong has done extensive work in the areas of business organizations, entity structuring, acquisitions, divestitures, and debt workouts. He is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 for Corporate/Commercial: Tax (Band 1).
Corporate Acquisition Assisted Japanese manufacturing company in due diligence review and acquisition of U.S. target company.
Insurance Represented clients in the formation, acquisition, and disposition of insurance companies and insurance agencies.
Foreclosures and Workouts Advised numerous borrowers and lenders regarding tax aspects of loan restructurings, workouts, and foreclosures.
Real Property Valuation Represented property owners and lessees in appealing real property tax assessments of residential, shopping center, and golf course properties.
Hawai‘i General Excise and Use Tax Handled appeals and negotiations with Hawai‘i Department of Taxation to reduce proposed general excise and use tax assessments for local and multinational clients involving numerous proposed assessments in excess of $1 million.
Hawai‘i Taxes Advised numerous clients regarding Hawai‘i income tax, franchise tax, general excise tax, use tax, fuel tax, and real estate conveyance tax matters.
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 for Corporate/Commercial: Tax (Band 1)
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 for Tax Law; he has been listed in the publication since 2010
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2014 for Business/Corporate and Tax
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation