Rodd Yano is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and Chair of Carlsmith Ball LLP's Real Property, Land Use, and Environmental Regulation Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on commercial real estate development and operations with an emphasis in commercial property sales and lease negotiation and administration, residential subdivision project development, condominium formation and registration, land use issues, and real estate financing.
Real Estate Development
- Representation of a developer in the development and sale of a 675-acre residential lot, condominium and golf course development.
- Representation of a developer in the development and sale of a 388-acre residential lot development.
- Representation of a developer in the development and sale of a 465-acre residential lot development.
- Represented developer-owned utility in sale of water and wastewater system assets.
- Representation in the development and sale of the City of Kapolei, the secondary urban center on Oahu.
- Representation of clients in the purchase and sale of both commercial and residential real property throughout the State of Hawai‘i. Work includes drafting of purchase and sale documentation, negotiating deal terms, and assisting clients with post-closing issues.
Commercial Leasing Representation of both landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions, including ground leases and office leases. Work includes negotiating lease terms and drafting lease documents.
- Chair, Hawaii State Bar Association, Real Property Financial Services Section (2008)
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- University of Oregon School of Law,Eugene,Oregon
- University of Southern California