Mark Murakami is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial real estate development and operations with an emphasis on purchases and sales of property, retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development agreements, dedication of infrastructure projects to governmental authorities, real estate subdivisions, and easements. He has extensive experience in Land Court (Torrens System) matters. He was selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 for Real Estate Law; he has been listed since 2011. Mark is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 for Real Estate.Representative Matters
James Campbell Company and Affiliates Lead counsel on development transactions, purchase and sales transactions, commercial leasing, and infrastructure projects in the City of Kapolei and surrounding region. Recent negotiations include projects involving development budgets ranging from $50 million to $100 million.
Real Property Practice focus is complex commercial real estate transactions, all phases of development, including acquisition, entitlement fulfillment, infrastructure planning, construction and dedication of infrastructure, and real estate purchases and sales; retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development agreements, and subdivisions.
Land Court Extensive experience in Land Court (Torrens System) judicial and non-judicial matters.
- Chief Justice Herman T.F. Lum (Retired/Deceased), Supreme Court, State of Hawai`i
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 for Real Estate
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 for Real Estate Law; listed since 2011
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- Better Business Bureau of Hawai`i Foundation, Board Chair (2015)
- Better Business Bureau of Hawai`i, Board Member (1999 to 2008); Board Chair (2004 to 2006)
- Feed the Hunger Foundation Board Member (2011 to present)
- Hawai`i State Bar Association, Boad Member (2015)
- Committee on Overcoming Barriers to Access to Justice (2014 to present)
- Boys and Girls Club (Spalding Clubhouse), Board Chair (2015)
- Lawyer Delegate - U.S. Hawai`i District Court Conference (2013-2015)
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Georgetown University Law Center,Washington,District of Columbia
- J.D., cum laude
- University of Hawaii
- B.B.A., with Distinction