Holly A. Jones is Of Counsel in the firm's Los Angeles office and a member of its Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution practice group. She has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial disputes in state and federal court litigation, pre-litigation, arbitrations, and mediations. Her civil representations include defending clients in media and entertainment cases, legal malpractice defense, securities litigation, contractual disputes, class actions, and appeals. Representative matters include representing clients in a defamation and invasion of privacy action which resulted in an early dismissal based on a successful Anti-SLAPP motion and representing an international law firm in an arbitration resulting in the successful defense against a claim in excess of $20 million. Ms. Jones has also performed a significant amount of pro bono work on behalf of both individual and institutional clients.
Prior to joining Carlsmith Ball, Ms. Jones was an associate at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and previously served as an Appellate Division Law Clerk at the United States Attorney's Office in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Jones graduated summa cum laude from the University of Arizona, Rogers College of Law where she was ranked first in her class. During her time at the University of Arizona, Rogers College of Law, she served as Articles Editor for the Arizona Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Journalism from the University of Arizona.
Prior Work Experience
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Associate
- United States Attorney's Office, Appellate Division Law Clerk
- "New Amendments to the Federal Rules Change Litigation Deadlines," Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, Summer/Fall 2010
- "The State Secrets Privilege: Overuse Causing Unintended Consequences," Student Note, Arizona Law Review, Fall 2008
- "State v. Gant: Departing from the Bright Line Belton Rule in Automobile Searches Incident to Arrest," Case Note, Arizona Law Review, Winter 2007
- University of Arizona, Rogers College of Law: Order of the Coif
- Arizona Law Review, Articles Editor
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- University of Arizona College of Law,Tucson,Arizona
- J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Arizona
- B.A., magna cum laude