Erika L. Amatore is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial litigation, appeals, and maritime law. Ms. Amatore has been practicing law since 2006.
Class Action Won a $53.8 million jury verdict on behalf of a class of landowners in a fraudulent transfer action against Illinois bankers.
Land Use Represented Kauai developer in an action against the County Planning Commission for violation of constitutional property rights and 42 U.S.C. section 1983 by ignoring its deemed-approved development permit application. County settled and issued development permits.
Large Asset Seizure Seized fixed wing and rotary wing aircrafts on behalf of mainland and local banks.
Appeals Successfully defended trustees of a large family trust in an Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals case involving disputed land claim.
FINRA Obtained arbitration award for a New York bank in proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Charitable Trusts Assisted in providing advice to trustees of a large charitable trust in a petition for reformation of the trust.
Real Property Disputes Ms. Amatore has handled several disputes involving residential sales, commercial leases and sales, land use and zoning issues, diversion of surface waters, and actions to quiet title.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion as a Hawai`i Super Lawyers 2016—Rising Star for Transportation / Maritime Law, Business Litigation, and Tax
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Appellate Advocacy and Trusts & Estates
- Casenotes Editor, University of Hawai`i Law Review
- Editor, Public Health Law & Policy Journal
- American Judicature Society
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Litigation
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law,Honolulu,Hawaii
- University of Victoria