Catherine L. M. Hall is an associate in the firm's Maui office and is a member of the Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Her practice focuses on business, civil, commercial, and real estate matters.
Real Estate Litigation Represents companies and individuals in real estate disputes and litigation concerning quiet title and partition, leases, fraudulent transfers, construction contracts, building defects, real estate purchases and sales, and realtor claims.
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Represents companies, trustees, and individuals in a variety of state and federal court matters, as well as arbitrations, mediations, and informal negotiations.
Licenses and Permits Assists clients in obtaining and maintaining various licenses and permits.
Financial Services Assists banks, credit unions, savings associations, owners associations, and institutions with regulatory compliance matters, collection and enforcement matters, and foreclosure proceedings.
Probate Assists with the probate and administering of estates of various sizes, ancillary probate necessary for the conveyance of time share and real estate interests, and probate litigation including petitions and confirmation for the sale of real property.
Prior Work Experience
- Extern for the Honorable Susan Oki Mollway, Chief District Judge of the United States District Court of Hawai`i
- Extern for the Honorable Michael D. Wilson, Judge of the First Circuit Court State of Hawai`i
- Teaching Assistant at William S. Richardson School of Law (Contracts and Real Property)
- Research Assistant at William S. Richardson School of Law (Real Property)
- Residential Counselor in Substance Abuse Recovery Program
- Owner/President of Activity, Tour, and Timeshare Resort Marketing Business
- Valid Regulation of Land Use or an Out-and-Out Plan of Extortion? Commentary on St. Johns River Water Mgmt. Dist. v. Koontz, 41 Real Est. L. J. 270 (2012).
- Best Paper Real Property Law Topic, Hawai`i State Bar Association Real Property and Financial Services Section Award
- Best Paper Constitutional Law Topic, Hawai`i State Bar Association Young Lawyers' Division Bernard Levinson Award
- Second Place Award, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law National Student Writing Contest
- Third Place Award, American Planning Association, Planning and Law Division National Student Writing Competition
- First Place Best Advocates Award and First Place Best Oralist Award, 21st Annual National Native American Law Moot Court Competition
- Second Place Best Advocates Award and Second Place Best Brief Award, 20th Annual National Native American Law Moot Court Competition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Associations
- Co-Winner, Susan B. McKay Oral Advocacy Competition
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- Maui County Bar Association
- Maui Director, Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawai`i State Bar Association
- Former Treasurer and Board Member, Advocates for Public Interest Law
- American Judicature Society
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law,Honolulu,Hawaii
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Hawaii Law Review, Outside Articles Editor
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- B.A., Psychology, with Highest Honors